The Greek islands are separated in 7 main categories:
- Cyclades with its lovely white houses and the clear blue sea, with islands of natural beauty such as Andros, Tinos, Mykonos, Kea, Syros, Kithnos, Serifos, Paros, Naxos, Antiparos, Kimolos, Ios, Amorgos, Milos, Folegandros, Santorini and Sifnos.
- Dodecanese, likewise Cyclades known for the beauty of the landscape and the architecture, with Patmos, Rhodes, Lipsi, Karpathos, Leros, Kasos, Kalymnos, Kos, Astypalaia, Nisiros, Simi, Tilos and Chalki.
- Ionian Islands known for the all-green islands and the warm welcome of the Ionian people, with the islands of Kerkyra, Paxoi, Lefkada, Kefallonia, Ithaki, Zakynthos and Kythira.
- Aegean Islands with clear blue seas, ideal for magestic calm vacations, with the islands of Samos, Limnos, Agios Efstratios, Lesvos, Psara, Chios, Inousses, Ikaria and Fournoi.
- Sporades, known for the beauty of the islands’ nature and the clear blue-green seas reflecting the pine trees that reach all the way down to the sea, with the islands of Skiathos, Alonissos, Skopelos and Skyros.
- Also In Saronikos gulf are the islands of Poros, Aegina, Salamina, Agistri, Hydra, Spetses and also the Methana peninsula, the harbour of Piraeus and the gulf of Eleusina.
- And finaly Crete, the huge greek island with the big cultural history and the welcoming people, devided into four big areas: Chania, Rethymno, Heraklio and Ag. Nikolaos and the very well known beaches of Elounda and Sitia.